Summary of Compliance Rules Updated April 2018
Homeowners are subject to the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions of Bristol Lakes, a document dated March 31, 1997. Each homeowner receives a copy of this declaration prior to or at closing. This document should be referred to if there are any questions about rights, privileges or responsibilities of homeowners. Homeowners should become familiar with certain responsibilities and use restrictions that are contained within the Declaration. The following entities affect us as homeowners: First and foremost is our own Bristol Lakes HOA. This organization protects the appearance of our community by providing landscaping, irrigation, improved security, street lights and street drains, and establishing specific rules and regulations. The Aberdeen POA involves all the communities and cares for the lake flow, landscaping and maintenance of all common areas outside the individual communities including drainage and signage.
The following summary serves as a quick reference:
- Owner can be assessed for added landscaping that is costly to maintain by the Bristol Lakes Homeowners Association.
- If new landscaped areas are to be added to your yard, permission must be obtained from the Architectural Review Committee of Bristol Lakes. (ARC).
- Any common area that is damaged by the owner or his guests will be assessed to the owner by Bristol Lakes Homeowners Association.
- Owners must keep roofs, sidewalks, driveways and outside walls of homes in clean and good condition.
- Fences and walls must be kept in good condition.
- Garage doors must be kept closed when not in use.
- Architectural Review Board (ARB) and Architectural Review Committee (ARC) exist to establish and enforce criteria for the construction of improvements within the Aberdeen Communities. Any improvement, construction, installation, alteration and/or landscaping on the homeowner’s lot or upon the exterior of the home is subject to obtaining writ-ten approval from the ARB/ARC.
- All air conditioners, pool equipment, and garbage cans must be fenced in with walls or landscaping.
- Business customers may not come to any unit if it is apparent to the neighbors that it is a home business.
- All zoning ordinances and rules of government agencies must be followed; for example: excessive noise and continuous barking of animals are not allowed.
- Our Lakes are governed by Environmental Protection, Lakes and Roads, and managed by Campbell Management. Changes or alterations on any lakeside property cannot be made without approval of the Environmental Protection, Lakes & Roads.
- No swimming or Boating is allowed in our lakes. Fishing is permitted. Catch and release is a prudent idea. Please use the access points to enter the lake. A map with the lake access points marked in red, is located on the website www.bristollakes.com, Residents page.
- Pets must be carried or be on a leash when outside the home or fenced in area. Pets may not be kept outside the home or in a screened or fenced-in area unless someone is present in the home. Owners must clean up when walking their animals. All animals must have a current license. Pit Bull terriers are not permitted without consent from the Board.
- Flagpoles and satellite dishes locations must be approved by the ARB.
- Boats and or trailers may not be kept on a property at any time unless kept in the garage.
- All permanent playground equipment including basketball hoops must be approved by the ARB.
- No signs of any kind are allowed. (This includes builders and real estate)
- Vehicles – no commercial vehicles can be parked in drives or on streets overnight.
- Motorcycles, mopeds, and all-terrain vehicles cannot be used within the development at any time unless licensed by The State of Florida, and a Bristol Lakes Permit.
- Our Trash Service is provided by LLC Environmental. If you have questions or problems call the SWA customer service office at 561-697-2700. All household garbage must be disposed of in covered trash carts.
- Saturday: Garbage and recycling. Place newspapers in your yellow bin. Cans, glass, (foil items no longer accepted) plastic, drink boxes, milk and juice cartons are placed in your blue bin. Household garbage must be in covered trash cans. Do not place trash at curb before 5:00 p.m. the day before pickup.
- Wednesday: Garbage and vegetation. Vegetation must be cut to 3’ lengths and tied in bundles. Loose vegetation and trimmings must be bagged. Again, household garbage must be in approved trash cans. Garbage cans, trash, and vegetation may not be put out at the curb before 5 P.M. on the day before a collection. Please keep tree limbs etc. inside or alongside of home until 5pm the day before pick-up. Please also place the items on the side away from the mailbox so the Postal Dept. can reach the mailbox.
- FIREWORKS are illegal in Palm Beach County. The BOARD will not be responsible to call the Police, but any individual may report incidents to the Police. For more information you may go to website: http://www.fldfs.com/SFM/ Chapter 791 of the Florida Statues
- Tailgating is prohibited at the entrance or exit gates. Damage to any part of the gate system is the responsibility of the offender. Cameras are active and monitored.
- Please observe our community’s 15 MPH speed limit and stop signs. There is to be no overnight parking on our streets, and no parking on the grass or swales. Blocking the sidewalk is also prohibited.
- Do not feed the wildlife. Doing so leads to many unwanted critters residing on our property.
- Monthly assessments are due on the first day if each month. Late notices will be sent and fees assessed on the 10th day of the month. Accounts will be submitted for collection and 30-day demand letter for payment will be sent on the 46th day from the due date. Lien will be placed on the 76th day from the due date. Foreclosure proceedings will be implemented on the 106th day from the due date. PLEASE NOTE: All delinquent homeowners are responsible for all late fees, interest and legal or other fees incurred by the association in the collection of the debt. Payments will be applied to late fees and fines before the monthly assessment.
- All Golf Carts and Motorized non licensed vehicles must be registered with Bristol Lakes. Registration forms may be obtained on our web site www.bristollakes.com. And the rules governing them are also on the web site at the bottom of the Residents page.
- The above regulations are designed to keep our Community one that we can be proud of.
THANK YOU FOR OBSERVING THESE RULES.